X-rays are one of the most common and useful diagnostic tools in medicine. At Animal Care Center of North Jersey, we use digital X-rays to examine your pet’s bones, lungs, heart, abdomen, oral cavity and other areas and for diagnosing and monitoring many medical and surgical conditions. If we suspect your pet has a fractured bone, has swallowed a foreign object, or is suffering from a heart problem, an X-ray can tell us what we need to know.
To provide you with the highest quality Northern New Jersey veterinary care for your pet, we have invested in two standard digital X-Ray units and two digital dental X-Ray machines. There are many important advantages to digital X-rays:
- They are immediately able to be viewed on a computer monitor.
- The clear, detailed images can be manipulated to get a better view of your pet’s bones and internal organs, leading to a faster and more accurate diagnosis.
- They take less time to process, which means less time for your pet on the X-ray table (and less stress), and less waiting time for you.
- No harsh chemicals are needed to develop the images, reducing potential harm to staff and the environment.
- If a second opinion is necessary, digital X-rays can be sent to a specialist by email.
Advanced diagnostic capabilities are an extremely important part of veterinary medicine, in part because we can’t simply ask patients what is wrong. The hospitals’ investment in digital X-ray technology reflects our commitment to offer you and your pet the best, most comprehensive veterinary healthcare available.