International Travel

If you plan to travel internationally and want to take your pet with you, it’s important to be aware of what’s required for your animal companion to make the trip. Dr. Andalaft at Animal Care Center of North Jersey is USDA-accredited and can assist you in getting your pet ready for your trip, including assessing whether they’re healthy enough for travel—especially the rigors of an airline flight.

International travel for pets requires international health certificates—and some countries require proof of additional vaccinations and testing. We will be happy to assist you with acquiring the appropriate certificates and other steps after you’ve figured out exactly what you need for your trip. 

You can do this by visiting the Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) page from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). While the certificate must be prepared by a USDA-accredited veterinarian, the requirements for entry are established by each individual country.

If you have questions about traveling with your pet, please contact us at (973) 835-3733.